Pro Standards Workshops
Tuesday, January 10, 2017 - Crowne Plaza, Springfield
Wednesday, January 11, 2017 - Drury Lane, Oakbrook Terrace
Registration fee: $65 per registrants (includes continental breakfast and lunch)
Registration deadline: December 23, 2016
The Professional Standards Committee encourages all local associations to send all members who are involved in the professional standards process to the 2017 Professional Standards Workshops taking place in Springfield & Oakbrook Terrace this January. The workshops are for new members as well as members who have extensive professional standards experience.
Morning Breakout Sessions:
- #1 Professional Standards 101 (for members with less than 3 years of professional standards experience)
- #2 Advanced Professional Standards (for members with 3 or more years of professional standards experience)
Afternoon Breakout Sessions:
- #1 Mock Ethics Hearing (this session will demonstrate an ethics hearing from beginning to end)
- #2 Panel Chair Training (this session is for members that serve as hearing panel chairs or would like to serve as a hearing panel chair in the future)
- #3 Appeals and the Role of the Board of Directors (this session is for members that serve as a local association director)
|8:15 – 8:45 am ||Registration (continental breakfast)|
|8:45 – 9:00 am||Welcome and Introduction of Presenters and Sponsors|
|9:00 - 9:15 am||Changes to the Code of Ethics (Bruce Aydt and Diane Disbrow)|
|9:20 am – noon |
- Session #1 - Professional Standards 101 (Lynn Madison)
- Session #2 - Advanced Professional Standards (Bruce Aydt and Diane Disbrow)
|Noon – 12:45 pm||Lunch|
|12:45 – 1:45 pm|
- Session #1 - Mock Ethics Hearing (Lynn Madison)
- Session #2 - Panel Chair Training (Mike Drews)
- Session #3 - Appeals and the Role of the Board of Directors (Bruce Aydt and Diane Disbrow)
|1:45 - 2:00 pm||Break|
|2:00 – 2:45 pm ||Questions and Answers|
|2:45 pm ||Adjournment|
*Mandatory: All associations must use this excel spreadsheet
to register attendees. When complete, send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Credit Card: Please email your completed spreadsheet and call Bethany Barnes 800-252-2910 to process payment via phone.
- Check: Please indicate check payment on spreadsheet and mail promptly.
If you have any questions, please contact Becky Carraher at 217-529-2600 or RCarraher@illinoisrealtors.org.