Following are recent disciplinary actions taken by the Real Estate Division of the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, http://www.idfpr.com/News/Disciplines/DiscReports.asp
- A community association manager license was issued on probation for one year and fined $750 for using a cell phone during a licensing exam.
- A real estate managing broker license was reprimanded with continuing education conditions and fined $500 after failing to return earnest money for 11 months.
- A real estate managing broker license was reprimanded and fined $500 for allowing another person to act on behalf of Respondent in showing a property to a potential buyer and allowed this person to represent the Respondent at the closing of the property.
- A real estate broker license was reprimanded and fined $1,000 for publishing potentially misleading advertising.
- A real estate broker license and a real estate broker corporation license were both revoked and each fined $25,000 for unlicensed practice, failed to remit documents to the Department and failed to remit rent monies.
- A real estate broker license was placed in refuse to renew status for failing to remit money that belong to others, engaging in dishonorable conduct of a character likely to deceive, defraud or harm the public and breaching her duty to a client.